- Bog Wood
A selection of wedding wishes and Irish blessings
Last Updated: 18/09/2013
1. Can you suggest some quotes I could add to personalise my gift?
It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudnera
Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one. ~ Friedrich Halm
Wishing you a happy marriage and hoping that your life together will be rich in joy and love.
Here's to two very special people who prove that true love never goes out of style!
To the bride and groom - May your love be as endless as the circle of your wedding rings.
To the new husband, to the new wife, to your shared happiness in your new life.
May your joy in the years ahead be as great as the love in your hearts today.
Check here for more traditional wedding blessings
2. I'd like to add some Gaelic Irish greetings. Can you recommend any?
1. Is fearr beagán den ghaol ná mórán den charthanas A little kinship is better than a lot of charity.
2. Go gcuire bhur gcupán thar maoil le sláinte agus sonas May your cup overflow with health and happiness.
3. Nach raibh ach athas agaibh on lá seo amach . May you have only joy/happiness from this day
4. Sliocht sleachta ar shliocht bhur sleachta May there be a generation of children on the children of your children
5. Grá, Dilseacht, Cairdeas Love, Loyalty, Friendship
6. Capall an tsaoil an grá - Love makes the world go around.
Check here for more Gaelic Irish wedding wishes